Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Who I Am!

Hello, Everyone! My name is Katie and I am working towards getting a Bachelor's degree in elementary education, as well as a Bachelor's in physical education. I am studying at Salem State University in Salem, Massachusetts.



(this picture was set up by a friend who knew I was interested in education!)

 I have always wanted to be a teacher. I spent countless hours as a child teaching all of my stuffed animals and dolls everything that I knew. I absolutely loved the show "Magic School Bus", and I wanted to be just as cool as Ms Frizzle! I have always loved taking care of people who are younger than I am, and I have been working with kids for the last seven years. My first experience with kids was working as a babysitter, and I now work at a home daycare, and as a nanny. Over the past several years of working with kids, I gained experience helping them with homework, and I knew for sure that teaching was what I wanted to do. Although I enjoy working with kids of any age, I definitely like working with younger kids the best, so hopefully I will be able to teach first grade after I have my degree.

Other than playing with kids, my favorite things to do are cooking, baking, photography, volleyball, softball, swimming, hiking, piano, reading, and knitting.

I always loved doing various arts and crafts in elementary school, so here is the link to the Crayola website. Crayola has so many awesome products, and you can also get coloring pages,craft ideas and lesson plans. Take a look! www.crayola.com

No comments:

Post a Comment